For your reading and shopping pleasure, below are some of our favorite website links:
- Blue Dog Antiques
- J. Compton Gallery
- Scott W. Fithian Antiques
- Hanes & Ruskin Antiques
- Sheridan Loyd American Antiques
- Linda Rosen Antiques, American Country
- Betty Bell Antiques
- Hanauer and Seidman Antiques
- Holden Antiques
- Latcham House Antiques
- Don Olson Antiques
- Dennis Raleigh Antiques & Folk Art
- Ryder Antiques, Swedish Country Antiques
- Payne, Suzanne Rudnick & Payne, Michael, "Images of the American People: Small Portraits from 1820 to 1850", Antiques & Fine Art Magazine, Winter-Spring 2013, 226-233.
- Page, Melinda, "What to Collect Now: Silhouettes", Country Living Magazine,June 2014, 39-42.
- Kenney, Al, "Micro-Targeted Marketing, The Art of Marketing", Maine Antique Digest, April 2014, 11-B (pdf attached by permission of Maine Antique Digest).
- Bennington Museum exhibit "More Like You Than Not", February 2 - May 7, 2013, Artwork from the last 200 years created by artists with disabilities.
- A great article about the Bennington Museum concurrent exhibits "More Like You Than Not" and "Engaged". Lawrence, Evan, "Accessible expression. Pair of exhibits features artists with disabilities", Hill Country Observer.
Viator, Jane, "Picture Perfect", Antiques Roadshow Insider, April
2011 (pdf attached by permission of Antiques Roadshow Insider).
Great article about theorem painting.
- Rutherford, Emma, "Profiles of a New World -- the Portrait Silhouette in North America", America in Britain, Volume XLVIII, 2010 (pdf attached by permission of The American Museum in Bath).
- Viator, Jane, Shadows From The Past", Antiques Roadshow Insider, November 2010 (pdf attached by permission of Antiques Roadshow Insider).
- "Through The Looking Glass", Portland Monthly, November 2010.
- McClard, Peggy, "Antique Tokens of Love & Friendship", http://www.Houston-Antiques.com, September 2009.
- LeFever, Gregory, "Side by Side, Faces in Black and White", Early American Life Magazine, June 2009.
- McClard, Peggy, "Antique Silhouettes", Houston-Antiques.com, March 2009.
- Cloutier, Anne Marie, "Something About Silhouettes", Country Living Magazine, January 2009 (online article at http://www.CountryLiving.com). This article features old and new silhouettes. Please see frame 5 of the online article for part of my collection and inventory.
- Payne, Suzanne Rudnick and Payne, Michael R., "Six Choices for the Sitter, James H. Gillespie (1793-after 1849)", Antiques & Fine Art, 200 (Summer/Autumn 2008) (online article at AntiquesandFineArt.com).
- "Top 10 Collectibles for 2008, Country Home Magazine", July/August 2008 (online article at CountryHome.com; Country Home Magazine online - Home)
- "Let's Go Antiquing - What To Collect Now: Watercolor Folk Portraits", (online article at CountryHome.com; Country Home Magazine online - Home) ,February 2008.
- Maine Antique Digest
- Antiques & Fine Art Magazine
- Antiques Roadshow Insider
Become a Fan of:
Peggy McClard Americana & Folk Art on Facebook
I especially like the following articles:
- A Search Engine Devoted To Antiques:
- Interesting blogs on subjects near and dear to my heart:
- I especially like the blog written by Fenimore's President, Paul D'Ambrosia:
- A great club for collectors of pewter:
- A very interesting and informative website about all things Colonial:
- This link leads to a website showcasing an exceptional collection of antique sentimental jewelry. Unbelievably wonderful things. Worth a look!
- The following link is a wonderful demonstration of how to take a profile with a physiognotrace. Mark Osterman is process historian for the George Eastman House he teaches a number of workshops through the museum. This is really a great video demo--check it out!
Just for Fun
- +1 713.880.2572
- +1 832.434.1638
- Weare, New Hampshire USA
Copyright ? 2004-2021 McClard Segotta Antiques